11.16.2007

Dork on.


I have a degree in Computer Science and a minor in math, that qualifies me as a full dork. So, for a job I figured might as well make some use of my degree doing a sales position really letting all my skills of programming, yuck, go to waste.

I haven't really decided what I want to do with my life, who ever knows really? So people ask, why did you get the degree if you didn't want to be a programmer? Well, what else was I going to major in.. I know, bad answer.

The real answer: I started my college adventure as a pre-med Biology major, with hopes of becoming a Pediatrician or a Pediatric PA but with me missing so many classes because of ball and my studying allergies I decided it was in my best interest to change my major. So I did, to computer science. Really, that stuff just kinda comes natural to me. Why the math minor? Well as stupid as this sounds, as I was getting deeper into my CS classes, I really enjoyed the harder math topics. So why not take the extra one class and be able to brag about having a math minor.

If i could go back i can't say if i would change my degree or not. i really think i would have enjoyed working with kids, and it would be tons easier to get a job. but i don't have time to play the what if game. i'm happy, really thats all that matters to me.

let the geek return.

No comments:

Music!